With ILIAS you get...
A Cost-Effective Solution
No licence fee, no user charges and regular upgrades at no extra cost.
Flexible Learning Options
Access to a variety of mechanisms for delivering learning in a collaborative way and a plethora of multimedia opportunities to engage learners.
A Fully Customisable Solution
Ability to tailor presentation and functionally to suit needs and integrate ILIAS with other systems.
A Solution that is Easy to use
Whatever the role it is easy to navigate and understand all the ILIAS features.
The Ability to Offer Engaging Content
It's easy to develop a wide variety of content and load the repository with a range of learning support materials.
A Highly Collaborative Learning Environment
ILIAS actively supports collaboration and communication between all users, whether they are in a course or developing content.
A Full Record of Learning & Achievement
Online tests, assessments and reports of achievement show what an individual or a group have achieved.
How does ILIAS support these roles?
Click on the users below to find out more:
ILIAS Learner – 'I can...
- Create My Own Personal Profile and Desktop
- Access a Content Rich Repository
- Book Myself on Events
- Schedule Things in my Calendar
- Create Public & Private Notes
- Access Internal & External News
- Create Internal & External Bookmarks
- Send & Receive E-mail
- Join & Contribute to Course, Group or Subject Forums
- Participate in Media Casts
- Collaborate through Virtual Chat
- Collaborate in Development Wikis
- Keep a Personal Record of Achievements
ILIAS Administrator – 'I can...
- Authenticate Users
- Manage User Payments
- Define User Security Options
- Upload Users in Bulk
- Manage User Accounts
- Manage How News is Disseminated
- Manage Physical & Virtual Resources
- Set-up External Links & Feeds
- Set-up Skins and Styles
- Integrate with 3rd Party Software
- Produce and Tailor Reports
- Automatically Ensure Hyperlinks Remain Valid
ILIAS Author – 'I can...
- Use the On-line Authoring Tool to Create Engaging Content
- Develop Content Quickly with eLAIX & Open Office
- Embed a Whole Range of Multimedia Objects
- Create Templates to Standardise Course Views
- Produce, Import or Export SCORM, HTML and XML Content
- Share Media Objects
- Design Learning Paths and make Elements Conditional on Achievement
- Create Test Pools, Questions and Assessments
- Create Glossaries
- Create and Manage Internal links Between Modules
- Set-up Surveys
ILIAS Lecturer – 'I can...
- Manage Courses and Sessions
- Create Learning Groups
- Set Learning Objectives
- Create Individual and Group Learning Paths
- Schedule On-line and Off-line Events
- Review Achievement
- Collaboratively Develop Documents & Files
- Post 'Homework' to a Letterbox
- Set-up & Review Surveys
- Create Webcasts and Podcasts
- Create Formative and Summative Tests
- Create & Disseminate News
- Create and Moderate Collaboration through Forums and Chat
- Use Wikis for Collaborative Development